BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: Provides and coordinates confidential therapy for children and families in addition to conduction assessments and treatment plans as described by the San Luis Obispo County Department of Behavioral Health.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Clinical Manager/Therapist
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: APPLICABLE TO ALL THERAPISTS AND THERAPIST INTERNS
1. Functions as part of the Center’s team by coordinating and providing individualized counseling/therapy services for any children that qualify under our County Behavioral Health contract.
2. Maintains individual child records including ongoing assessments, treatment plans and progress notes with anecdotal records that adhere to the County’s Behavioral Health guidelines.
2. Fulfills annual objectives specified in the Center’s contract with the County Department of Behavioral Health.
3. Attends staff, parent or Board Meetings as specified by the Executive Director, or Clinical Manager/Therapist.
4. Conducts Case Review meetings to monitor behavioral progress and treatment plan goals.
5. Maintains classroom social groups providing social skills education to children while modeling for teachers/parents.
6. Works with team to create and support parent education and parent support groups.
7. Coordinates with other community agencies and professionals through CFTs, Student Study Team meetings, SAT, etc..
8. Uses available community resources to maximize the program for families and to assist Center staff.
9. Maintains and enhances professional skills by attending applicable community meetings, trainings or workshops, etc.
10. Interprets and promotes in a positive manner the Child Development Center program to parents, other staff, and to the community.
11. Works collaboratively with the Rehabilitation Specialist, Program Director and CDRC staff.
12. Meets Medi-Cal target with billable hours.
13. Provides support to the classroom and teachers as needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Possession of a CA MFT-I or Registered Clinical Social Worker Intern number.
2. Experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of children 2 - 5 years.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
4. Computer literate with solid working knowledge Microsoft Office the Google platform and other office support software.
5. Good organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude.
6. Team player! Able to communicate effectively and work with CDRC team, children, parents, community partners and volunteers. Willing to practice 360-degree customer service.
7. A commitment to the goals and philosophy of the CDRC.
8. Live scan clearance to be completed -- prior to start date.
9. Health, TB screening, and immunization record (with MMR and DTaP/TDAP) -- prior to start date.
10. CPR/AED, and First Aid -- within 30 days of hire. NOTE: Certifications need to remain current during employment.
Please submit the following items by replying to 'firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
* A well-crafted cover letter explaining why you believe you are suited to this position
* Application found on CDRC’s website at: http://www.childrensresource.org/uploads/1/3/0/5/13053591/employment_application_11-5-15.pdf
© Central Coast CAMFT 2016
P.O. Box 12723, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
Website Design: Joel Roberts